Qiankun Zhao's Blog

Records my all the happy and unhappy stuff in my life, as a man, as a bachelor, also as a PhD candidate and a lonely heart abroad :)

10/10/2004

Life's a lottery!

Life is a lottery, do you think so ?
I think it is really true from statistical aspect with many many examples.

For example, sometimes you may think that " I should have inherent some characteristics from my parents, how come I am quite different from them ?" Yes, you inherent exactly half of the complete set of chromosomes of your parents. But, which half ? This is really hard to say. The inherentation process is a a lottery process, this is true to every guy like me who is a layman of biology, although some experts may say that it is not lottery.

Another example is the real lottery in our daily life. Why do I say life is lottery ? Because the real lottery can change our life. One may not be able to do anything decent, but if he is lucky to hit the lottery, his life will be totally changed. He can have a better life than these who work harder; he can have a bette life than these who are smarter; he can have a better life than these who have a higher degree; he can .....

Suddenly a saying come to my mind "Every dog has his day", does this mean life is a lottery ?
I think it does mean this. Every dog has his day. You did not win the lottery just because it is not the right time for you to get it. .... (To be continued)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home