Qiankun Zhao's Blog

Records my all the happy and unhappy stuff in my life, as a man, as a bachelor, also as a PhD candidate and a lonely heart abroad :)

7/21/2004

YOU ARE TOO EAGER TO WIN !

Talk to an old friend. I think she knows me very well.  We talked about everything for day to day life, happiness and unhappiness to the goals of our lives. Everything is ok, life is just as what we have experienced. After a few minutes, she said:"You didn't change too  much, especially you are still too eager to win." "You should change your atitute to life, take it easy, you cannot be the best of the world  blablabla". At first, I don't care her words too much. After thinking about myself for a few minutes, I realized that really how is my life. Everyday, life is full of presure and fear. The presure to be a better researcher, fear of being left behind.  To most Chinese people, it is a common idea. From our childhood, our parents told us that you must be a good student and the best. It is this kind of instruction that makes our lives not happy.  Just wondering, how come most ppl in europ and america are not so eager to win. To them, they even spend the money before they actually get it. To the contrary, they have a relatively easy life and they seems to be happier to us. To win is really good. However, if you cannot win you should not be unhappy. This is where the differences are. The east and the west really have different opinions about life. Even if we Chinese want to change our life style, it is very hard. [what am I talking ?]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home